Thursday, July 14, 2011

Restarting, AGAIN

2 days ago, I decided to rededicate myself to a healthy lifestyle.  I am not doing anything groundbreaking or new.  Just running 4 times a week in preparation for the half marathon I am running in October.  I am taking a moderate approach to food: counting calories and using moderation for those indulgences.  No food is off limits, it just needs to fit into my allotted caloric intake for the day.  I have gotten all the way up to 187 pounds, and with my friend's 30th birthday celebrations just 3 months away, I want to feel great when I go to their parties and look at their pictures.   I'm not expecting mind blowing results, but if I could lose 20 pounds in the next 3 months, then 30 additional pounds in the months following, I would be down 50 pounds.  I just need to stay focused, get rid of that all or nothing mindset, and keep going at a steady pace until I reach my goal.  I can do it.  I have the tools, I just need to have the heart and the dedication.

No comments:

Post a Comment